Saturday, August 27, 2016

Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup

The extent of my winging it in the kitchen goes as far as making a dish based solely upon what I think may be in it.

For my chicken and sweet corn soup that tastes like the real deal,  I use:

2 chicken breasts
420g can creamed chicken
420g can cream of chicken condensed soup
4 cups chicken stock
125g vermicelli (optional)

Serves 4

Place your vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soak and soften. 

In a frying pan, cook your chicken. You could use bbq chicken if you wish to save on time (and who doesn't love that!) If using fresh chicken breast, I use a frypan with a lid to cook it quicker. 

In a large saucepan, bring your chicken stock to the boil. Add your condensed soup and creamed corn and stir. 

Shred the chicken and add to the soup, reducing the heat to a simmer.

Drain the vermicelli. Place in the bottom of your serving bowl. 

Pour soup on top and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment