|Simple, easy and |
ready in no time!
SWEET POTATO & COCONUT SOUP
1 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp ground cardamom
3-4 large sweet potato (kumara), peeled and sliced
3 cups chicken stock
400ml can coconut milk
1 tbs lime or lemon juice
salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion
and ginger, cooking until soft.
2. Turn the heat up to high and add the cardamom. Stir to coat the onion.
3. Add the sweet potato and stir.
4. Add the chicken stock and cover. Once boiled, turn the heat down to a
simmer, covered, for about 10 - 15 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.
5. Puree the soup with a stick blender or food processor.
6. Stir in the coconut milk and juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Photo Cred: Superfood Magazine.