Sunday, September 21, 2014

Prioritising Myself

I had a check weigh and measure at the gym this week....my moment of truth!  As I said in my twitter post, I was quietly confident about my impending results.  As it turns out, I had every right to be!  I had lost centimetres off everywhere and 1.5kg of body fat. I didn't think that sounded like much (not when there are a few more kilograms to go!) but the trainer at the gym all but did a back flip with excitement with the timeframe in which this 1.5kg had removed itself.  She even got the rubbery fat chunk examples out to show me how much 'fat' I had lost!  So pretty chuffed was I as well.

Where I am thrilled with my results so far, it has been the other added benefits that I am finding have (re) entered my life that get me all happy as well.

Whilst I have chosen to put less on my food plate, I have also put less on my 'to do' plate. I have found that week after week, I have achieved all that I had on my daily list of things to do.  I have not overwhelmed myself with grandiose ideas of thinking I had all the time in the world on my days off to achieve a grocery list of 'to do' items.

I have widened my wardrobe selection and the feeling is so exciting.  I would previously - and by that I mean only a few weeks ago - scan my clothing selection for what didn't need ironing and what would fit.  I am now finding that I am standing looking at my clothes wondering what I feel like wearing.  There are still items that are in the 'don't fit into' section that I am working towards adding to my repertoire of fashion, but having more choice has been very uplifting for my spirits.  

I have begun to take more time with my makeup before leaving the house.  I usually, and still will on occasion, do it in the car at a red light.  I am talking eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.  That's it.  It can pretty much be all done by the time the light turns green!  Now however, I have found that I am adding in a few other bits and pieces whilst I am getting ready and again find myself feeling really happy at the seemingly less effort of putting in a little more effort.

I am still mindful of my food choices and really loving it.  I can very clearly see the effects on my body with my energy or how I feel physically if I slip in a food group at the wrong time of the day.  Mainly a sugar or a carbohydrate.  It hasn't happened often, but stands out like the proverbial when it has.

Speaking of energy, my energy levels have increased hugely.  Just yesterday I was amazed at how 'alive' I felt for the whole day.  Not an afternoon slump in sight!

So what is it that has changed?  What has really changed is that I have prioritised myself. I have pushed me up the list of what is important in my life and the pay off has been nothing short of wonderful. A shift in attitude about me, and Newport Skinny Tea, was all it took.


This is how good I feel
Have a wonderful week ahead everyone!

Photocred: imgarcade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment