Friday, April 11, 2014

What's Your Favourite....Movie?

It's Friday, my favourite day of the week!  

What better time to begin a new segment called 'Friday Favourites', than, well, today!

I thought we should start with What's Your Favourite Movie because it's easy.  Not too much brain power required for the end of the week.

When it comes to favourite movies, I actually have a few that spring to mind.

Shawshank Redemption - eeeeeeveryone's favourite!  For obvious reasons too.  It is a brilliant movie.  I personally loved the part when the hole in the wall behind the poster of Rita Hayworth was revealed.  I did not see that coming.  At all.

Legends Of The Fall - I remember seeing this movie with my sister and her sister-in-law. The lights came up in the movie theatre at the end, I turned to them both to remark at how awesome it was and saw they had both been crying - what?  I had no idea there was a sad part worthy of a tear in the movie!  From the moment 'Tristan' came riding over the hill on his horse, I saw blue eyes. I believe that was all I saw for the remainder of the movie as well.  Yep, the heart and soul of the movie was completely lost on me as I was lost in a pair of blues instead, such is the effect of Brad Pitt!  Shallow I know, but for the mere fact of my first introduction to the Brad Pitt factor, I love this movie.

Seven Years In Tibet  - whilst on the subject of Brad Pitt...! Yes, Brad starred in this movie, which of course gave it great appeal to me.  However, not many movies drive me to want to purchase the DVD.  I did with this one.  I simply loved the story, the scenery, the meanings.  Jeepers, I now even own two Tibetan Spaniels!

Under The Tuscan Sun - uh, I love everything about this movie.  It's another one I felt compelled to buy the DVD of!  Let's face it.  We can all live vicariously through Frances' life while watching this movie.  The courage to pack up and move to a foreign country (with a broken heart no less), not know the language, befriend the town folk, renovate a house, fall in love again - oh, it has so much appeal and Italy? I just love that place!  For me, this movie was entertaining from start to finish.  Love, love, loved it!

Anything with George Clooney in it - No, that's not the name of the movie!  The fact of the matter is, the guy could stand still and I would still watch him.  I do not mean to sound so dismissive of George's talent, because he is incredibly talented both in acting, writing and directing.  He has many admirable qualities and I am a willing admirer!  Those cheeky eyes and equally cheeky grin lured me to jump on the George Clooney bandwagon years ago and I am yet to disembark.  He's on my list of people I'd love to meet.  Well, he's at the top.  Actually, he's my hall pass!

What are the movies that first spring to mind as being your favourites?


Photo credit to bbmlive.com





No comments:

Post a Comment